Backyard BBQ and California Fusion Recipe: Hawaiian Curry Fried Rice
Author: Chef Donna
Recipe type: Entree
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (or more to taste) of your favorite curry seasoning blend (I used Kaiulani’s Exotic Curry Medium)
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- ⅓ cup of chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 4 cups of cooked and cooled long grain rice (basmati or jasmine works well)
- A handful of sweetened, dried cranberries
- ⅓ bunch of green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- ⅓ cup of diced fresh pineapple (optional)
- ½ cups of toasted sliced almonds or pine nuts (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- When heated add spices, garlic, cilantro, cranberries and onions to the pan and cook until spices all completely dissolved and garlic is fragrant.
- Add rice and stir gently until coated well with seasonings (rice should be golden yellow).
- Add pineapples and turn off heat.
- Top with nuts.